Are you passionate about our theater and interested in joining our team? The Klein is looking for qualified candidates for the following position:
Director of Development
Re: Director of Development, Klein Memorial Auditorium Foundation, Inc.
Those interested should submit a resume and two professional references to: email@example.com
The Klein, Bridgeport’s 1,447-seat performing arts center serving the greater Bridgeport region, is looking to hire a full-time director of development and communications who will lead a broad spectrum of fundraising and marketing activities, including grant writing, individual giving, events planning, and sponsorships. Funds raised support Klein Theatre Arts, (a tuition-free arts education program), entertainment programs and events, capital projects and capacity building.
- Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing, or a related field, or equivalent experience plus 3-5 years of fund development experience in a non-profit organization with diversified fund development programs; at least 2 years of which at a leadership level
- Experience with grant writing and research
- Proven success in developing and executing effective fundraising plans, meeting fundraising goals, soliciting individual, corporate, and foundation donors, and maintaining up-to-date data base of contributed income. Familiarity with Donor Perfect is a plus.
- Experience in recruiting and supervising volunteers in fundraising activities
- Experience with public speaking and communicating effectively in person, in writing, and electronically, to a variety of audiences. Excellent interpersonal, relationship, and staff development skills; must be a team player; Excellent analytical, problem solving, and strategic thinking skills. Ability to keep a flexible schedule with some early morning, late evening and weekend work.
The Klein is sustained by the generosity of our community. We offer a wide range of programming and the ONLY tuition- free after school arts program in Bridgeport, Klein Theatre Arts. The Klein is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Your donations are tax-deductible.
We send out weekly emails to keep you informed on all our upcoming events.